Live this picture!


The title of this post is taken from yesterday's Instagram comment on this picture.
My first reaction: Clear message! Try to look for the pure, simple, unspoiled things in life!
Avoid the rush, all bothering things, the madness of this world!
Make your life as white as the snow!
Crawl through it, endlessly until you are soaked up by the similar colored sky!

Nearly simultaneously with these thoughts another one is entering my mind:
Can it be that the comment contains a clear (or slight) touch of irony?
Who can live like that forever?
Who wants to be isolated from other people?
Who doesn't need the promises and distractions of this life?
Don't we all have responsibility, duties for others and ourselves?

I can't walk endlessly through the cold snow.
Not only that my warm house with everything pleasant in it is waiting for me, I also
have to reach the shore, at least before the coming spring,
if I don't want to drown in the lake.

I walk on, step onto the familiar ground of this little town.
Everything is hidden under the white cover of the snow, also here.
Frontiers, particularly the one between the natural and the artificial, civilized world,
are blurred.

The sun breaks through the sky. Now it's not only the snow that dazzles my eyes.
I don't feel like shedding them or anything else from something getting stronger
all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Living and walking around

We walk streets, forests and fields being under the influence of our thoughts and the things around us. Our thoughts are as versatile as...